Wednesday 16 May 2018

Exploding box with cake


I have been asked to make this exploding box with a wedding card inside for a friend.

I have used the colour scheme of the wedding. I made the box using the measurements that you will find in the tutorials on my blog. I used navy card on the inside of my box and navy and white patterned paper on the outside of my box.

I printed personalised details including names, date and venue.

I printed the details and die cut them with dies from a set from The Works. I used the next size in the nesting set and navy card to cut elements so I could mount the white card with details.

I added these to each side of the box.

I made the 3D cake using circles and strips of white card.
I added satin ribbon and lace trim around the cake and added small paper flowers on the cake and on to each side of the box. I die cut a scalloped circle with a Xcut die and attached that to the centre of my box and then added the cake. I completed my box with flat backed pearls

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges:

thepapershelter #399 - lace and pearls (1/3)
pennys #380 - anything goes (1/3)
artisticinspirations #200 - anything goes (unlimited)
creatalicious #139 - anything goes option glitter (unlimited)
craftingfromtheheart #206 - anything goes (2/3)
craftrocket #48 - use embellishments (unlimited)
lilpatchofcraftyfriends #81 - anything goes (unlimited)
avenue613 #209 - anything goes option mainly blue (5/8)
notjustcards #May - anything goes (2/5)
abitmoretimetocraft #68 - anything goes (unlimited)
simplypapercraftsforalloccassions #57 - anything goes (unlimited)
unicorn #32 - monochrome (unlimited)
crafting-with-friends #67 - anything goes (1/3)
getcreative #69 - lots of flowers (1/3)
createsandmakes #21 - anything goes (1/3)
thecraftyaddicts #48 - anything goes (1/3)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beckie this is a stunning card. It is spectacular I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beckie: your wedding cake box card is the 1st creation to be linked to PPCC #380 challenge post!!! Thanks for sharing! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous exploding box and love the beautiful wedding cake ---Thank you for joining us at Get Creative
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that wedding cake Beckie! These exploding boxes never cease to make an impact.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great exploding box, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Creatalicious. We hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful exploding box!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional all that glitters” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete